The aim of the service is to support pre and postnatal women by providing safe, supervised physical activity through pregnancy and the postpartum journey.
At Physio & More we aim to:
- Provide access to safe and effective exercise in a supervised environment.
- Raise awareness of the benefits of physical activity during and post pregnancy
- To remove barriers to exercise
- To provide additional services to support all aspects of the pre/postnatal journey – Physio/Nutrition/Mental Health & Wellbeing
The service is goal orientated and will meet the guidelines for each trimester. The service will offer a range of exercise opportunities and ,where required, onward referral to complimentary private services including:
- Antenatal Education
- Women’s Health Physiotherapy
The initial consultation will provide a one-to-one health assessment including; goal setting, activity planning, medical/injury history, current fitness levels and trimester/postnatal position.
A minimum of 10 session bookings is required to partake in the program as the service protocol will include cardiovascular exercise, resistance exercise among other activities that the team will need to monitor over time. Extensions to the program are available in additional blocks of 5 sessions.
The pre and post-natal conditioning service at Physio & More is supported by the following specialists:
Women’s Health physio
Fertility specialist Nutritionist